Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In Memoriam Mary McGee:
Class of 63
Mary McGee, class of '63, passed about 10 yrs ago at the young age of 53 from cancer. Mary and I were great friends during our years at school and kept in touch up to the end. She had a great sense of humor and a laugh like you had never heard before. Mary worked as an airline attendant up until 9/11 when she could not bring herself to fly anymore. She had lived in the Coco Beach area of FL and had never married. I'm sure she will be missed by many who knew her at Sachem. I have too many memories of her to mention and all where hysterical!


From Judi Berry Ruebel

2 comments:

  1. Mary had such a pretty face... I remember her well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On June 9, 2012 Mary's friend Kathy Current and I remembered her on the 6th anniversary of her death. Mary was a pretty girl with a great sense of humor and she was one of the strongest people I have ever known. On the day she was discharged from Sloan Kettering after a horrible surgery she stopped to get an mani/pedi before catching the train out to L. Ronk. Mary was brave and independent. It was an honor to have been her friend and I miss her everyday.
    Barbara Flock Garafola

    ReplyDelete

Left click "Select Profile" and Left Click "Anonymous." Write your comment, and then left click "Post Comment."